Seidu YussifNorth East Region
Seidu Yussif is a Chartered Accountant with 11years post qualification experience.
Seidu Yussif holds a Master of Science Degree, Local Government Financial Management, and a Post Chartered Diploma Certificate in Forensic Audit. He is a Final Part one student of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, Ghana.
Seidu Yussif is currently a Chief Accountant with Controller and Accountant – General’s Department. He worked as a Metropolitan and District Finance Officer for 8years. He also worked as Head of the Research and Development Directorate of the Department. He is currently the Regional Director for the North East Regional Directorate.
Prior to joining the CAGD, he worked with a Firm of Chartered Accountants and Management Consultants. He also worked with a Rural Bank and an Oil Marketing Company.
FUNCTIONS OF THE REGIONAL DIRECTORATE
The North East Regional Directorate is one of the sixteen Regional Treasuries under the Treasury Division of the Controller and Accountant- General’s Department. It is one of the newly created Regional Treasuries as a result of the creation of New Regions.
The Directorate is located in Nalerigu, the Regional Capital of the North East Region. The GPRS address of the office is NE-0840-6640.
The Region has six administrative Districts as listed below:
- East Mamprusi Municipal Assembly
- West Mamprusi Municipal Assembly
- Chereponi District Assembly
- Nakpaduri-Bunkpurugu District Assembly
- Yunyoo-Nasuan District Assembly
- Mamprugu-Moagduri District Assembly
The Regional Treasury among others performs the following functions:
- The Regional Directorate is responsible for posting of accounting staff to the MMDAs and other Agencies within the Region.
- The Directorate monitors the financial and accounting activities of the MMDAs and all government Agencies within the Region.
- The Directorate also assists MMDAs and all government Agencies on issues relating to payroll.
- The Directorate also monitors the implementation and usage of GIFMIS by MMDAs and Other Government Agencies.
- The Directorate advices the Regional Coordinating Council (RCC) on all financial matters and manages the Sub Consolidated Fund of the RCC.
- The Directorate prepares and submits quarterly report of it activities to the Deputy Controller and Accountant-General responsible for the Treasury Division of the CAGD.
- The Directorate assists the CAGD in the implementation of financial reforms.
- The Directorate performs any other function as may be assigned by the Deputy CAG in charge of Treasury.