Reinforcing Financial Oversight and Accountability
The objective is to enhance external audit capacity as well as legislative oversight over budget management.
Sub-component 3.1: External Audit Capacity Strengthening
The objective of this sub-component is to strengthen the financial oversight role of the GAS to enable them to carry out comprehensive performance and systems-based audit on Government financial operations.
- Provision of continuous training of GAS staff in electronic audit techniques
- Acquisition, installation and deployment of appropriate Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs) and other Audit Management Information System (AMIS);
- Undertaking of selected performance and specialized audits using the electronic tools; and
- Strengthening capacity of the audit teams in completing audits of MMDAs within the statutory deadline of six months after end of fiscal year, through additional bought-out technical assistance.
Sub-component 3.2: Legislative Oversight
The objective of this sub- component is to enhance the capacity of the Legislature to exercise appropriate oversight over both upstream and downstream PFM processes to ensure transparency and accountability in public financial management.
- Technical assistance to strengthen the technical capacity to support Parliamentarians in performing budget analysis as well as analysis of audited public accounts and reporting on audit report reviews/hearings; enhancing the technical and professional capacity of clerks of the two committees, equipment support and website improvement.